Help text written by Mike Wright. Help text Revision: September 2018.
The iData Pro software is copyrighted by Michal L. Wright. None of the software may be copied or modified, in whole or in part, for distribution to or use by others. Information in this document is subject to change without notice. Companies, names, and data used in examples herein are fictitious unless otherwise noted.
Please Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Software
The software you are using was produced through the blood, sweat, and tears of just three people. The costs of developing this and other software programs are recovered through software sales. The unauthorized duplication of software raises the cost for all legitimate users and makes it difficult for small, independent programmers to continue to produce useful software and keep it up to date.
This software is protected by federal copyright law. Your cooperation in upholding the law will ensure continued low-cost upgrades and new software. Copying software for any reason other than to make a backup is a violation of federal laws. Individuals who make illegal copies of software may be subject to civil and criminal penalties.
LICENSE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SOFTWARE. BY USING THE
AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO
THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, PROMPTLY RETURN THE UNUSED SOFTWARE
WHERE YOU OBTAINED IT AND YOUR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED.
(i) "The Software" refers to the iData Pro application and other software accompanying this License, whether on disk, in read-only memory, or on any other media.
"Michal L. Wright"
to Michal L. Wright and/or Michal L. Wright's Licensor(s).
"The Licensee" refers
the purchaser of the the Software.
2. License. The application, demonstration, and other software accompanying this License, whether on disk, in read-only memory, or on any other media (the "Software"), and the related documentation is licensed to you by Michal L. Wright. Michal L. Wright and/or Michal L. Wright's Licensors retain title to the Software and related documentation. This License allows the Licensee to use this software on up to two computers, if the Licensee is an individual and the sole user of the two computers. When two or more computers are used by two or more people, a license is required for each computer, or each person, whichever is the smaller number. The Licensee may also transfer all their license rights in the software, the related documentation, and a copy of this License to another party, provided the other party reads and agrees to accept the terms and conditions of this License.
contains copyrighted material, trade secrets, and other
material. In order to protect them, and except as permitted by
applicable legislation, you may not decompose, reverse
disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to a
form. You may not modify, network, rent, lease, loan,
create derivative works based upon the software in whole or in
4. Termination. This License is effective until terminated. You may terminate this License at any time by destroying the Software, related documentation, and all copies thereof. This License will terminate immediately, without notice from Michal L. Wright, if you fail to comply with any provision of this License. Upon termination, you must destroy the Software, related documentation, and all copies thereof.
5. Government End Users. If you are acquiring the software on behalf of any unit or agency of the United States Government, the following provisions apply. The Government agrees:
(i) if the Software is supplied to the Department of Defense (DoD), the Software is classified as "Commercial Computer Software" and the government is acquiring only "restricted rights" in the Software and its documentation, as that term is defined in clause 252.227-7013(c)(1) of the DFARS; and
(ii) if the Software is supplied to any unit or agency of the United States Government other than DoD, the government's rights in the Software and its documentation will be as defined in Clause 52.227-19(c)(2) of the FAR or, in the case of NASA, in Clause 18–52.227-86(d) of the NASA Supplement to the FAR.
6. Disclaimer of Warranty on Software. You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the Software is at your sole risk. The Software and related documentation is provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind and Michal L. Wright EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MICHAL L. WRIGHT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. FURTHERMORE, MICHAL L. WRIGHT DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR RELATED DOCUMENTATION IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY MICHAL L. WRIGHT OR A MICHAL L. WRIGHT AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU (AND NOT MICHAL L. WRIGHT, RICHARD R. CASADY II, OR A MICHAL L. WRIGHT AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL MICHAL L. WRIGHT OR RICHARD R. CASADY II BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR ALTERED DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF MICHAL L. WRIGHT, RICHARD R. CASADY II, OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
In no event shall Michal L. Wright's total liability or Richard R. Casady II's total liability to the Licensee for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort [including negligence] or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you for the Software.
8. Controlling Law and Severability. This License shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of Washington, as applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Washington between Washington residents. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the License, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision of the License shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of the License shall continue in full force and effect.
9. Complete Agreement. This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of the Software and the related documentation, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of the License will be binding unless in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Michal L. Wright.
iData, iData Pro, iData Kwik, iData
Mobile, iData Mobile Plus, iData M-Plus,
iData 4, iData 3, iData 2, iData Partners, and
trademarks of Michal L. Wright.
Apple, Mac, Mac OS, iOS, iPhone,
iPad, and Macintosh are trademarks or
trademarks of Apple Computer,
The names of other products and companies appear herein for
identification purposes only and are trademarks and registered
trademarks of their respective holders.